Changing Seasons Call for Changing Practices
Right now some people are looking forward to summer while others around the world prepare for winter. In North America, issues that impact our immune systems and susceptibility to illness are many.
Be sure to:
- Keep well hydrated and go easy on the coffee
- Spend time in sun and light
- Ensure plenty of fresh air
- Get some exercise daily
- Get adequate rest and sleep
- Nurture your immune system to protect from colds and flu
These can be difficult to achieve but ample water intake remains vital due to indoor heating, and daily light exposure is vital for healthy biorhythms and vitamin production to support your immune function.
A Good Diet is Essential
Keep it natural by radically reducing:
- Processed foods
- Refined starches and sugars
Please don’t forget to focus on protein, in whatever form you prefer except manufactured powders if possible. Some high quality low fat protein every day is essential for all ages to support growth, cell repair, bodily functions and an active lifestyle.
What about supplements?
Be very choosy because most are synthetically made using GMO ingredients, petrochemicals, or other harmful compounds.
Instead look for ways to naturally support immunity, whatever the season:
- Fresh superfoods and drinks
- Supplements made from natural edibles
- Liquid forms for rapid bioavailabilty
- Free from ethanol, artificial flavours and colours
Last but not least, be happy and give happiness – it’s the number one immunity booster!
Blogs on similar topics: