Bio deNovo, Inc. Privacy Notice
Last Updated: June 27, 2023
Welcome to Bio-First! The Bio-First website is an e-commerce platform offering genuine natural remedies that help solve skin issues and improve wellness (“Products”), and we also provide advice, tips, and information about holistic remedies.
This Privacy Notice describes how Bio deNovo, Inc., doing business as Bio-First (“Bio-First”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”), handles the personal information that we collect from and about you when you visit our website, currently located at https://www.bio-first.com/ (the “Site”); engage with us through our newsletters, emails, and branded social media accounts; or otherwise interact with us (collectively, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice also describes certain legal rights you may have, subject to applicable law, and how you can exercise them.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable person, as defined by applicable law. This includes information that alone or in combination with other information may be used to identify, contact, or locate you, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number.
- Information We Collect
1.1 Information You Give Us Directly
Some information we collect directly from you. For instance, we collect information that you voluntarily provide in the following ways:
When you set up an account. When you create an account, we ask you to provide your first and last name, email address, and a password we can use to authenticate you at sign in. Creating an account allows you to log in on a different or shared device, purchase Products, and access your order history.
- When you make a purchase from our Site. If you choose to purchase Products through our Site, you will be required to provide certain information such as your name, payment card details, and billing address in order to facilitate payment. Payments are handled by our third-party partners, including Paypal, Afterpay, and Shopify (which hosts our online store). You will also be asked to provide a name, phone number, and shipping address where you’d like us to send your order.
- When you sign up to receive communications from us, including signing up for emails, newsletters or SMS updates. When you engage in one of these activities, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and any additional information you choose to provide to us as part of that request. We use your email address and telephone number to notify you about Products and promotions we may offer and provide news and information we believe will be of interest to you.
When you use our Remedy Finder tool or take other quizzes or surveys. When you use our Remedy Finder tool or take other quizzes or surveys on the Site, we collect a variety of information, including your name, gender, email address and any other information relevant to that quiz or which you choose to provide. This can include your gender, age, demographics, known health conditions and treatment history, allergies, medications, characteristics, predispositions and similar information relating to your children or other family members. We use this information to provide personalized Product recommendations to you and to direct you to news and content we believe will be of interest to you.
When you contact us. When you contact us by email; through our branded social media accounts or customer support site; through any integrated chat providers we may provide; or by telephone, SMS, or physical mail, we may collect your name, social media username (if applicable), email address, phone number, physical address, and the contents of your communication which can include any information you choose to provide.
Inviting others to try Bio-First or sending a gift card. We may allow you to invite others to try Bio-First through our Services. If you do this or are invited in this way, we will collect and store the invitee’s email address in order to enable us to send an invitation.
Registering for a contest, competition, or sweepstakes. In these circumstances, we may collect your name, contact information, and any other information relevant to that contest or competition or which you choose to provide.
When you participate in surveys or research studies. We may contact you to ask if you would be willing to participate in a survey or research study. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide demographic information, feedback, and any other information relevant to that survey or study.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
We also collect certain information automatically as you navigate our Services or interact with our communications, including the following:
- Location information (such as GPS information or general location information inferred from your IP address)
- Transaction information. We collect information related to any transactions made through our Services, including date and time of order, items ordered, delivery information, and amount charged.
1.3 Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain Personal Information from other sources. For instance, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following third-party sources:
Payment processors. In general, when you purchase Products through our Site, your payment card information is provided directly to our third-party payment processing partners, including Paypal, Afterpay, and Shopify and Bio-First does not collect or store that information. However, we may have access to limited information about your payment card from these partners and related transaction details, such as the last four digits of your card, the country of issuance, and the expiration date.
We may combine the information we collect about you from these various sources. If a combination of information that we collect identifies you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use the information described above to do the following:
- Provide our Services (including taking and processing your orders; shipping Products; communicating with you regarding your purchases; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages);
- Operate and improve our Services (including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the Services and identifying, fixing, and troubleshooting bugs and service errors);
- Communicate with you (including responding to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions);
- Personalize content (including tailoring content we send or display to you in order to provide you with information and resources we think will be relevant to you);
- Further our networking, marketing, and social strategies (including communicating with you by email or SMS about programs, services, offers, promotions, and events and posting testimonials);
- Conduct data analysis (including de-identifying and/or aggregating information and using it to perform research and provide statistical information and trend data)
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to misuse of our Services (including preventing and detecting fraud, unauthorized access, and other unlawful behavior);
- Support our general business operations (including maintaining our business and legal recordkeeping); and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Companies under common control. We may share Personal Information between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with Bio-First.
- Vendors and service providers. We may share Personal Information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf. For instance, your Personal Information is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application.
- Advertising and Analytics Partners. We may share your Personal Information with other third parties that provide online analytics and advertising services in order to better understand how individuals interact with our Services and other online services over time and across devices.
- Business transfers. We may share Personal Information with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
- Legal requirements. We may share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to protect our rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability.
- Consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various purposes including compliance with various reporting obligations; for business or marketing purposes; or to assist third parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- Your Rights and Choices
You have a variety of rights and choices related to our use of your Personal Information.
- Opting out of promotional communications. You can opt out of receiving our promotional communications emails and texts at any time. You may do so by contacting our customer service team or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails or texts we send you. Please be aware that it may take up to ten (10) days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. If you opt out of receiving such communications, please be aware that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
- Restricting cookies/Do Not Track. Bio-First does not currently change its behavior in response to web browser “do not track” signals. However, you can configure most browsers to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can consult the help section of your browser to find out how to do this. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. In the event that a universally accepted standard emerges on how organizations should respond to “do not track” or similar opt-out signals, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to those signals.
- Limiting information available through social media platforms. If you want to limit or stop receipt of information from third-party social media platforms, you can change your privacy settings on those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available.
Access, update, or delete your information. If you would like to access, update, or delete Personal Information you have provided you may do so through your account settings or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn how to close your account, please contact us by email. Please note that we may keep certain Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also keep cached archived copies of Personal Information for a certain period of time.
Our Services are intended for adults and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 (or a higher age threshold where applicable) has given us Personal Information without your consent, please email us using the contact information below.
We may provide links to third-party websites, services, and applications that are not operated or controlled by Bio-First. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the privacy practices of those third parties. The fact that we link to a website, service, or application is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party service before providing any Personal Information to or through them.
Personal Information we collect may be stored and processed for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in the United States or in any country where we have operations or where we engage vendors or service providers. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided the data. By using our Services or submitting your Personal Information to us, you agree to such transfers.
We only keep your Personal Information for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as required by law, or as necessary to resolve disputes and enforce our rights and agreements. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Bio-First uses generally accepted administrative, physical, and technical safeguards we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Information. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet and storing information electronically. Bio-First cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or in the law. If we make changes to this notice, we will post the updated Privacy Notice on our website and indicate when it was last revised. You are advised to review this notice periodically to stay informed of our practices. If we make material changes, we may provide you with additional notice, such as posting a statement on our homepage or sending you an email notification, if we have your email address on file. Your continued use of the Services after the revised Privacy Notice has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Privacy Notice, to the extent permitted by law.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or how we protect your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com or you may write us at Bio deNovo Inc., 440 N Barranca Ave, #4412, Covina, CA 91723.