Sometimes it is hard to tell if the condition is caused by withdrawal or a flare-up of the underlying eczema - more of a burn than itch is one indicator.
Whatever the cause, relief is the priority and using more steroid cream may hinder rather than help. The skin may have become over-sensitised and be intolerant to most topical products. For that reason we recommend trying to de-sensitise the skin :
- immerse in clean ocean water if you have access to it, and leave the salt on your skin
- or make a cool salt bath by adding enough dissolved sea-salt until it tastes like the sea!
- try fresh aloe vera gel on a small skin area - look on youtube to see how to pick and prepare
- try pure witch hazel without additives on a small skin area to check if it gives relief
- once the withdrawal phase is over, choose your skincare products very carefully