All of us have skin and we all have different types on our body – eyelid skin is not the same as heel skin, leg skin is not the same as breast skin, and so on.
There are also major variations in skin between people – baby skin differs from aged skin, Nordic skin differs from Polynesian skin, male skin differs from female.
These distinctions all relate to type but there are others relating to skin condition, such as:
- Or a combination of the above.
What can affect your skin profile?
In reality every person has their own special skin profile which can vary over a lifetime and sometimes even change over short periods due to:
- Season / sun damage
Regardless of all these factors everyone’s skin needs the same basics:
- Healthy diet suited to age and stage of life
- Lots of water, filtered if possible
- Plenty of sleep for overnight repair and regeneration
- Fresh, unpolluted air on a daily basis
- Hydration using gifts of Mother Nature
- Protection from pollution and excessive UV exposure
- Adequate cover – fabrics that breathe allow skin to breathe
- Balanced pH products, not too alkaline from harsh soaps
- A strong barrier function – to keep it intact
- Microflora – a nice mix of healthy bacteria
Plus of course no smoking, and limited alcohol!
Take care with what goes on the skin and avoid what is harmful by checking EWG ratings and looking for natural and independent certifications.
Happiness is a lovely skin treatment, helping with hormonal balance and protecting from the effects of stress. Feed your skin from within and nourish it from the outside using gentle skincare suited to your particular type, the part of body, and special needs if any. Better still find a go-to topical for everyday use or when TLC is required, whatever the skin type!
Blogs on similar topics:
- Caring for Kids’ Skin Prone to Eczema
- Why is a Healthy Skin Microbiome So Important
- Here’s Why Your Skin Needs UltraSensitive Skin Rescue Lotion!